Monday, January 30, 2012

Who's Watching Whom?



Thank you for supporting me. Because of increased interest, the blog has moved. Please follow this link. 



While looking at nature, do you sometimes wonder who's watching whom?

In the last 13 years, I can't count how many thousands of wild animals we've fed; swans, geese, ducks, quail, squirrels, prairie dogs, chipmunks, javelina, and deer to name a few. So often I've felt that the animals have seen us way before we've seen them. And so often I've felt if we could speak 'animal' we'd hear,"Hey, here come some of ours. Quick, look cute!" Because I swear they're waiting for us when we arrive. And I swear that they're the ones in control.

Then I wonder how often does this sort of thing happen in our day-to-day life. How often have our children finagled something by making us believe it was our idea? How often have our bosses persuaded us to take on an extra project by pandering to our egos? How often have our friends guided us in a particular direction by building our self-esteems? How often are we really 'in control'?

I'm not suggesting any of these things are bad; I'm just asking who's watching whom?  



Who's watching whom?



No comments:

Post a Comment