Monday, February 20, 2012

Is Anyone Out There?

Thank you for supporting me. Because of increased interest, the blog has moved. Please follow this link.


Is is Monet? Is it Van Gogh? No, it's Nature.

Those of you who have been with me from the start know that this is a photo of sand and the impression of seaweed thrown about by the ocean (see Reality or Perception ). The photos I took that day are among my favorites and constantly set my mind in motion.

Take this photo, for example; it represents a patch of sand about 2 feet by 2 feet yet it emulates a large expanse of earth tapering on the horizon into the sky. And I find myself fascinated at how you see the same thing in small patches of sand as you do in vast expanses because nature repeats itself.

Once there, it's no leap at all to wonder if our earth is equivalent to that small patch of sand and may be repeated in grander scale elsewhere. My brain can't quite make that leap but I find myself looking at the stars at night and wondering...

...is anyone out there?


Nature repeats itself
and microcosms of nature emulate vast expanses.



Nature repeats itself.

2 comments:

  1. I love to admire the vast night sky and thinking how wonderful this grand creator of ours is , know that he can name off every single start out there. Now that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the sky is breathtaking isn't it? I helps keep things in perspective, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete