Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I Left My Heart In...

Thank you for supporting me. Because of increased interest, the blog has moved. Please follow this link.


There is a saying that visitors to Africa either hate it or love it; and those who love it leave a piece of their heart behind.

The latter is true of me and I would dearly, dearly love to take our children to Africa that they, too, may experience what I did. The topography is diverse, the nature is phenomenal, and the people are exceptionally welcoming. Yet, the reason why my heart still yearns for that continent is none of these things.

One of my heroes, Albert Einstein, once advised, "Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." That is the Africa I know; from Kenya to Botswana, from Rwanda to Zanzibar, I felt that the pulse of the people was in working to become valuable members of their societies. And being privileged enough to experience that first-hand changes you forever.

Photos and words can be powerful and can change how you think. But the power of experience is that it can change how you feel; and that is why I left a piece of my heart in Africa!


Photos and words can change how you think
but experience can change how you feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment