Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Outstanding People Stand Out.

Don't be afraid to stand out as you stand up to be counted.

This blog doesn't espouse any political, religious, or economic view. I believe in harmony and balance in all aspects of life. However, it saddens me when I see people too afraid to stand up for their beliefs for fear of being judged, ridiculed, scorned, or prejudiced against. Surely this goes against the grain of who we are as a nation and as a people?

A big part of freedom is that we are free to discover our own beliefs, values, and views; so when I see people being bullied into not speaking up and standing out it bothers me dreadfully. Don't misunderstand me, I think everyone should believe as I do :) but I want everyone to choose to think that way and not be bullied into it. Without this free choice, freedom is just another word.

Bullying is a huge problem in our schools today. And here's an uncomfortable thought; I wonder if children are emulating what they see happening by and in society where, so often, bullying (not persuasion) seems the norm.



We must persuade - not bully - people
into believing something
otherwise freedom is just another word!

2 comments:

  1. Right you are Rhia. Bullying is a huge problem but even adults that say they want to stop this from happening are in their own rights bullies. So sad.

    Thanks for stopping by my place.
    From Diary of a Writer in Progress

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely. Everyone is free to have their opinions and try to convince others that they're right, of course--but forcing them to agree or do something is wrong.


    The Golden Eagle
    The Eagle's Aerial Perspective

    ReplyDelete